Before Floridablanca was founded, there were in existence and settlements within the area villages called “hacienda”. Hacienda is a Spanish word for estate, in the case of this town was a plantation estate belonging to the order of Saint Augustine.
The town was first established in 1823 as hacienda of Spanish friars. The mission was under the Parish of Lubao and supervised by a capellan (priest). There was a chapel with a capellan and the place was named Hacienda de San Jose de Calampaui in honor of Saint Joseph who eventually became the patron saint of the town.